Skip to main content

Thinking of a Master Plan

I've been talking with a few friends about plans, mainly planning for the future. I know I'm in planning mode. I have a kid going off to college next year, I have an org I want to kick off, I want to move in a year, I want to get my money right, I want to look for a new gig, etc. etc. etc.

Plans surround me. I'm just at a time in my life where spontaneity isn't so spontanteous. Its planned. There's nothing wrong with planning but we also have let God in on the plan as well. We sometimes forget that its really about Him and His plan FOR us.

For me, I think God is trying to get me to unplan some things and let him handle it. The moment I started stressing about college and money, BAM, I found out Syd's tuition will be paid for. When I started to plan how and when I would get a car, BAM, here comes a car. CWUW sometimes stresses me out and he keeps reminding that the org isn't about me anyway. Just let it all unfold and happen. Faith without works is dead so we do need to work towards the goal but without stress and anxiety which so many of my friends are filled with right now. Its like we all think everything is urgent. I'm guilty of this and has probably has gotten worse after the years in the Valley. God has a way of restoring and renewing us. He will open new doors, provide new opportunities, new partnerships and we won't even realized time has passed.

I'm ready for ALL the good things to come my way and for the bad. Romans 8:28, tells me that ALL things work together for my good. Trials will come but its our attitudes in the midst of the trial that gets us through. I WORKED that scripture daily in the Valley. It lets me know that God is always watching and is very aware of my circumstances. So yeah, we need to plan, we need to watch and pray and we need to tap into God's plan for our lives and then just ride the waves.

I'm learning how to ride the waves.

Its new for me but I'm willing to learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE