Skip to main content

Baby, I'm a Star!

I was talking with a girlfriend yesterday. We were talking about relationships, love, dating, etc. I'm single as I can be and that's very cool. My friends all tell me that I'm clueless of how I'm perceived. The term "intimidating" always pops up. I'm like...whatever. I'm a regular chick. I'm super cool. No need for intimidation. She reminded me that perception is reality and I need to understand my "presence". (shrug, roll eyes....ok...whatever). She says that it plays a role in how I relate to men and how men deal with me. okayyyyyy.

So we get back to this dating thing. I'm cool. I'm one to believe there are good men out there but because of timing, distance or we just didn't vibe, things haven't happen. Ok. Then she says, "Don't show up for an audition when the show has already been cast." I just really cracked up. Taking it further...or if the director doesn't even know the script. Bottomline, I'm a damn Star. Ok. I'm a Star that still needs some work but I'm topself, yanno. (i'm so gigglin' as I write this.)

If the show has been cast, I can't audition AND I'm not going to be an understudy. I'm Star. If you're not ready to cast your show, don't hold auditions either. Be ready for me cuz I'm ready for you.....ya heard. :)

A part of this conversation was about being happy within a relationship. Why do we hold on when we aren't HAPPY? I don't mean being content or that its good somedays so, I'll kick it but REALLY HAPPY. I know I stayed with someone for many years because there were good days. He made me laugh, hard. So, I over looked a lot of stuff. I was content. Content is good right? Initially, there was no reason to leave. The drama happened later and I think it started because that was the only really I was going to leave. God is funny that way.

But I don't want to be just "ok" with someone. I want to be charged by their vibe and energy. I want them to check me without issue. I want them to be ok with being my co-Star and I don't want them to be just content with me.

Please don't stay with me because "I'm cool enough." Ugh....that sucks. Or, you think I'm great but you're feeling like you need to stay because I haven't given you reason to leave. That sucks too. LEAVE please. Yanno. Be into me. Dig my vibe. Man, I've seen sooooooooo many relationships that are all about, "Well, she's cool" or "He is a nice dude yanno." huh? NOPE. Not for Rhon. No throwing me a bone to keep me happy. That's lame.

Bottomline, I AM a Star. (still gigglin') I'm casting for the role of lead male. Must be Spiritual, HONEST, sincere, driven, sensual (yeah its important to me), funny and Single.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE