Skip to main content

Art by Kortez




I've always surrounded myself with artsy people.
I like their vibes but damn, ya'll some moody, temperamental creatures.
I say that with love...lol.


My very, very dear friend is an artist and DJ in New Jersey
and he breaks the mold. He is so cool and focused.

Kortez isn't full of angst and he's on his grind with his art
and music and the struggle to make it happen.
He is very peaceful. I LOVE talking with him.

On a visit, I watched him paint and it was AMAZING.




He painted three items for me. The collage (above) was painted in honor of my Mom. He used her birth certificate, pics and other items to make this collage. Its a great way to honor her.





The other painting was inspired by some art he had already painted.
Kortez' art is cool because he uses things like doors, frames, wood paneling, etc to create his beautiful work.


When this finally came in the mail, I lost it.
He actually painted while ago when I was there but it took a minute for him to get it to me.

I've posted his stuff before on my Myspace page. He's a great talent and a very dear friend. I've always appreciated how supportive he is of my dreams and goals. I know artistry sometimes keeps you a little self involved (Rashida has taught me this) but Kortez is very selfless and its always refreshing to talk with him. I'll ask about
U before he will tell you the first thing about himself.

He's allowed me to post some of his art.
Visit him at:

http://www.myspace.com/esotericurbanism














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE