Skip to main content

Complicated Love

I spent the weekend with women and you with a group of chicks, the topic of men would come up.

No male bashing took place. It was just conversations about our wants and needs and the vicious cycle we all find ourselves in sometimes.

"In love with him, not in love with her, I like her but think I love him....."


I know the battle of loving someone deeply but knowing you're really not IN love with them. I know what's like to be IN love and not having the same thing reciprocated. I know about feeling lustful desires from someone but holding back. It can all be so frustrating. We all settle on some level. "This is good enough for now." Ugh......

Love in its definition should be easy but it seems so complicated.

Yes some of the women were a little bitter and upset with the dating scene. We did talk about body image, color complex issues and interracial dating. It was interesting to listen. All of Us trying to figure out this Love thing.

Just thinking about LOVE, LIKE, and LUST....

Basically, I want all three in a relationship. Lacking one, sucks.

At the end of the day, I wish all my friends all the love they can find. They all deserve it.

me too. :)

and God bless that DUDE...ha! :) Sending mad love to him, whomever that lucky DUDE is....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE