Skip to main content

Whatta Day, Whatta Day...



I truly can't complain about my work ethic. I work hard.  I give a lot to what I do. My return to the Damien Center has taken its toll on my a little bit. I'm rebuilding a prevention department with a current staff of five plus two at other locations. We have a major federal grant to manage and I'm looking to find more federal funding for additional programs.

I'm a little tired.  I've already blogged about CWUW and the work it takes for me to do that as well.

I can admit that somethings are slipping through the cracks, mostly with CWUW. I'm only human. With me giving my all to these two agencies, I'm still finding myself neglecting Rhonda. I sleep but don't rest. I'm always in problem solving mode even with there's no problem to solve.  I'm becoming more and more aware of ways and I need to stop it [slaps my own hand] because I know better.

Today wasn't hard but I did wake up thinking I needed to take something off my plate. I thought about just giving up on ME even.  I've been saying it for weeks and weeks. I'm tired.  Even asking for assistance is difficult because when you have family who thinks  you're Superwoman, they haven't receive instructions on how to assistance Superwoman. They missed that episode of Super Friends.

Tomorrow, I must wake up and give time to myself. I have to love Rhonda more than the community instead of seeing myself as some sacrificial lamb.  I will get back to the gym and remember to slowdown and find time for mindlessness, laughter, and fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE