Skip to main content

Hope....what it is

Seeing your life as a spiritual journey with every meeting, every moment, every, memory as a part of God's plan to grow your character can be refreshing.  It can keep you in balance and I try to do this.


Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


I lived by this scripture after mom died and during my two years of unemployment. Its saved me from clinical depression.  It saved me from thinking I was being punished and it provided some hope when I couldn't hope.

I'm there again, back struggling with the concept of HOPE.


Its a spiritual battle. Its a battle of the mind. My control issues, through my OCD, its trying to find a place to rest its head but I'm trying to keep it at bay.  I'm trying not to allow my old way of coping creep back in and tell me that its ridiculous to HOPE. I'm just trying to manage what is front of me. 

Its Mental Health Awareness month and I'm always aware of what my mind is doing and what my spirit is saying.  I have to stay aware and use healthy coping skills and more importantly, remember its ok to HOPE.  Its ok to believe that greater things are to come and that I don't have to control, lead, and figure out everything in my world.  This is me working on Rhonda, continuously.

HOPE
1 : to desire with expectation of obtainment








Once again, I'll put up the definition of HOPE and I'll walk in it, breathe it, and live it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE