Skip to main content

Setting me Free

You know the saying if you love someone let them go....blah, blah, blah. I wonder if that applies to self. After my moms death, I've become controlling...ok, ok...more controlling and its a fight to let go. Its a fight to let go of that Rhonda that was in survival mode just a couple of years ago. I'm still there. I'm still fighting something (shrug).

Do I really want to let that person go?

That would mean I would have to trust folks again. I find it easier NOT to trust folks and just do what I need to do. THERAPY NEEDED but whatever. With some recent CWUW activities, I've realized that its hard for me NOW to put anything I love dearly in the hands of someone else to care for. It drives me insane and people who have to learn this new Rhonda, really would rather not receive an email from me. Gigglin'

I didn't use to be like this but this new Rhonda.....lawd. I like her but she is a trip.

I've redefined family. I've redefined friendships. If you're in, you're in. If you're out...cya later dude, peace and have a happy life. I can't live in the gray with people who want to be in my world and yet do nothing really suck the energy out of me. I can turn on you quickly...but in a nice way of course. :) I'll just disappear. FAMILY needs to be that, FAMILY. FRIENDS need to be true FRIENDS Rhonda's world to function.

And yet,

Do I really want to let this person go? Are there good qualities in being this way? Survival Mode. I really don't know. I don't need all of the same skills anymore and I love "her" for being able to step up in every situation and DEAL. She is Fiyah really but she is tiring me out. Looking for the off switch. Ironically, she will be the one to figure this out, the survivor. That part of me will force me to move onto the next thing with no problem or issue. She will remind me of Romans 8:28. She'll remind me of Genesis 15:1. She tell me that the God in me needs to BE. Move Rhonda aside and chill for a minute. See...she's cool...just a little nutty. Recently, I was having a convo with someone and they called me dramatic and I actually laughed because yeah, I WAS being a DRAMA QUEEN but there are times when Angela Basset needs to bring out Tina....bring the drama.....it was me trying to survive in that situation. Can't apologize for that. Rhonda MATTERS. I'm real. I'm human. I feel. If I have to bring the pain so you know this, call me Meryl.

(gigglin')



So....do I let her go....I love her. Maybe she just needs a leash. Maybe I can tuck her away for another day, another Valley, another stressful time when I need to put on my cape and do my thing.


hmmmm.....(shrug)

aight....goin' to shake my groove thang (yeah...i'm sooooooo 40, LOL)

http://clevawords.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE