Skip to main content

Complexity of Love and Rhonda's Ramblings

I didn't know that Love was so complex. Listening and watching others scrabble about trying to figure out Love, who to love, why to love, how to love, etc. etc. I didn't know that Love was so complex.

Maybe I'm simply a romantic. Maybe I'm naive. Maybe Love is complex. Maybe our own psychosis gets in the way of Love. Maybe we stay when we should leave and leave when we should stay. Maybe she's really just a good friend and you should let go or maybe he's the love of your life. Maybe you can love more than one person. Maybe we think too much or not enough.

I'm trying to figure it out.

anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy......


Chicago. FUN. Energy. Raw.

Met some GREAT people. It was an emotional weekend. It was insane. It was draining to my introverted personality but I pushed through. Took my breaks outside with the other Prince freaks.

Last night of Prince night at Club Berlin. Sad.

Its fun to meet folks who may have only seen you in a pic or online. My girl "Violet" -I'm just gonna say, I LOVE HER!!! Positive energy. She danced her ass off all night. Too cute. I still say that Prince really needs to learn to appreciate the fact that he wanted the "freaks" to come together and just LOVE and that's what he got. Drag queens, nerds, straights, black, white, asian,....name the type...they were there. Someone said that the dance floor can become a "dancing orgy".....no lie. I had so many folks bumping and jumping and rubbing and screaming around me....it was cool...lol. At one point, I just closed my eyes and just danced. Didn't worry about my lipstick and the eyeliner drippin' from the side of my face. Just danced. Fun.

too bad. its over.

Sexuality is all I've ever need.

I feel so far removed from my sexuality at times and yet its ever present. I can't explain it. I don't think about sex and yet I'm very sexual. Or maybe I'm still sleep right now and buggin' out :)
I've had lots of convos about sex in the past week. People needing to find their way sexually; leading with their imagination, their inner desires, needing more, wanting more. Love listening to folks. I think sex was the topic of convo for most of this past weekend. Its amazing what sex can do to the mind.

That's all i'mma say about that.


F**K The Police

In my lifetime, I've gotten one ticket.

last night I was pulled over twice. WTH!!

I was driving the Kids car (which is about to fall apart). She has a headlight out. Damn it!!! She had picked us up from the bus stop. I was racing to get home. Get stopped. Hand the dude my license but couldn't find the registration. He did his thing in the car....gave me a verbal warning. Get home, switch cars to take friend to Muncie. On my way back, I get clocked at 84mph. I had the dude my license and registration. The dude says, "why are you driving so fast." I said, "To get home....".....I don't know why this seemed like the appropriate follow up to my answer...."So has there been any alcohol this evening ma'am". Normally, I would have turned into a bitch but I think i was soooooo tired, I couldn't even let the bitch out of me. I said, "Sir, I just dropped someone off in Muncie. I want to go home. So do what you need to do."

He gives me a warning for the speeding but gives me a ticket because the registration wasn't signed.

Jeez thanks dude.


Welcome back to Indiana Rhon!

Comments

dtbz said…
I am glad you had a great time in Chi town with Prince. I had to go through one of those "check points" I had been to a baseball game. The Cop says have you been drinking this evening. I say I had a beer at the Cardinals game. He says when was that I said during the third inning. He looked at me funny like are you being a smart ass. I just kept staring at me then said thanks for drinking responsibly. I said you are welcome. I think we bonded.

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE