Skip to main content

CWUW is Living Life Well!

Center of Wellness for Urban Women - CWUW is truly moving forward in its efforts to provide women with an organization that cares about their health and wellness needs.

CWUW has partnered with the Indiana Minority Health Coalition (IMHC) to develop research projects focusing on health disparities concerning minority women.

CWUW will be represented on the community advisory board with the IU National Centers of Excellence in Women's Health.

CWUW has gained permission from Mental Health America to access their resources to provide up to date mental health information for women and their families.

CWUW will still conduct additional health focus groups in the upcoming months. We had a very successful group last month and look forward to hearing what Indy women have to say about their health and wellness needs.

CWUW continues to look for volunteers and board members. If you're interested, contact CWUW at volunteers@cwuwonline.org

Lastly, one of the 7 dimensions of wellness touches on social health. CWUW believes that relaxation and even entertainment can be beneficial to your health. Its a way to recharge your spirit. We, as an organization, also believe in the power of the Arts for healing.

In November, CWUW will present, "Life Jam" with the tentative line up:

Rusty Redenbacher of the Mudkids

Dj Kortez
Organic Soul
A-Bondz
James Walker Trio
and more!

Silent auction and a raffle for your chance to own art by Kortez

A smoke free event!

More details to come!

CWUW is teaming up with the Lyrical Rhapsody Foundation to present "Planet Girl Online" - empowerment tools for girls! More to come!
You can contact Planet Girl at planetgirlonline@cwuwonline.org.


Be a part of the CWUW Crew!
http://www.cwuwonline.org

Live Life Well

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE