Skip to main content

Hope, Patience, Faith, Wisdom.....

When I started really reading the bible, I would only really read scripture on wisdom. In my thinking, if you're wise, this will carry you through. I still do this. Proverbs being the main book of course.

I moved to Faith. I tried to really understand what it was going to take for me to have some Faith. I started reading the Gospels ALOT. The 12 stooges (the disciples) helped me to grow and absorb what Faith really meant.

Hope was my enemy for awhile. I didn't think you could really hope in anything. Faith and Hope are quite different in many respects and I battled with Hope. I think I've blogged about how I wrote down the defintion of hope and studied it, mediated on it and tried it absorb it into my spirit. It was HARD. I got it, finally.

And NOW, its all about Patience.

Waiting.

Now one thing I have learned thus far is that Patience doesn't mean sit around and do nothing. As you move, God moves. So I continue to move and I continue to pray for direction and edification. Its hard though. We live in a fast food society. We want it now. God could careless about how fast we want anything. Its a process. He needs to line it up. He needs to get it ready AND he needs to see if you're ready for it. We think sometimes the delayed success is because of outside forces. Somestimes, its us!

I've heard folks complain about Indy and why folks aren't making it big here. I've heard people complain why they aren't HUGE successes. Maybe YOU can't handle success right now. My ex use to tell me that he thought being super wealthy would kill him. He really made me really think about this. He would say that not everyone can be rich or a celebrity because they aren't ready for what comes with it.


"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

But when we're ready, God opens the door and everything we want and need will be there.

That's awesome huh? But dang...the waiting can be insane......


What sucks is we we're waiting on the wrong thing...lol. The wrong job, the wrong relationship, the wrong opportunity to come along.....Ive see this too. I've always believe this is a type of forcing of God's will. We think if we're patient in certain situations that God will make it work for us when he is waiting on US to leave. This is when fasting and praying has to kick it. All that glitters ain't gold. We have to ask, "Is this the job?" Is this where you want me to be for now? Then let patience has her perfect work.

I'm working through this right now....Patience. We'll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE