Skip to main content

Sugar and Potatoes

Sugar and Potatoes
2/9/05
As I ponder the question of you and I
I wonder
I wonder who are you
As you whisper sweet, well, sweet bull that you feel I should and probably will fall for
Who is this creation of visual splendor that is doin’ all he can to make some sorta of love to my mind with sugary words

As my insulin rises, what should I say in response?
My mouth dry but my thighs drip with ever loving reply
Speak it, say it but do I need to fall for it?
Who are you really, whispering words that seem to come from a sexy Prince tune, one that my momma said I couldn’t listen to back in the day?
Damn, my ears desire the sweet nothings your mouth speaks into them

I’m confused about your person
What do you represent?
Sugary sweet soft words that causes me to lose the control, the control I brag about having when I’m shooting the shit with the girls telling them that my pimp game is on point
Damn
Muthafucka, what do you want or need from me
My body, my lips well defined with cherry lip liner and cherry flavored lip-gloss
Your words offer nothing but promises of physical pleasure that I know I need…what? some honey…where? Hell yes do that there
I’m waiting for the meat and potatoes of your sugary soliloquy
Is there more beyond you penetratin’ and lickin’
I’m waiting for you to fuck me with your intelligence
How they couldn’t deal with Angela Davis’ fierce womanhood or the latest deepness of Cornell West
Don’t get me wrong, damn, I’m amazed how your words drip with sexual prowess and can touch that thing in me that burns, yearns and desires something long, strong and hard to penetrate with force yet with tenderness
You have the skills to make me want to live close by
To make that 2:00am run
Sugary Sweet, delicious words
Who are you, just a temporary vision?
Someone to remember
Who hit it back in the day?
Tempt me your community service
Woo me with your self-empowerment
Sex me with three letters, PhD
Sugary sweet, sexy and fine as you are
I want to know youBut damn, can you show me who you really are?



Written a few years ago - it sucks but thought I'd post anyway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE