Skip to main content

Get your exorcism on!!

I was watching the show "The Real Exorcist" and it was a little like...yeah whatever but sometimes it was a little damn creepy. What I found interesting was how seemingly powerless these demons where (ok...yeah...i know....just keep reading) when approached by the "exorcist" but how bound up the possessed person was.

The interesting this is a really do believe in some of this stuff so I watched. Watching some of the people almost hold onto the demon is what I really found interesting. Do we hold onto our pain because we think we have nothing to fill in? I think so. I know some of my clients LOVED drama. It was like the sought after it but it was all they've known. They really didn't want to let go. There are so many things I want to kick out the door. Peace is a beautiful thing. Operating in crazy is just that - CRAZY!

If you notice in the bible when it speaks of peace and faith, its almost like you have to go to war to protect it. "Fight the good fight" - Those "demons" are ready to take it away at any give turn. I do believe in guarding my peace and I'm EXTREME with it. I'm all about removing people and things and situations from my world that causes me any pain or discomfort. Its a tad dramatic (as someone called me once - too funny) BUT it keeps me peaceful so whatever. I don't function in the gray too well. Either you're a peaceful, loving spirit in my world or you're not. Its really that simple. Maybe some therapy is needed - maybe. I think its a very sane approach to guarding my peace and being happy. I'm happy with removing my demons. Peace out!!! I feel God will bring people and situations back around if need be.

So get rid of your demons -get rid of those things that haunt you and keep you bound up.

Guard your peace.

and yeah....i'll be back to edit later.....:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE