Skip to main content

Those hard lessons of life....learn them..so you can live.

Learned a great lesson in friendship today.

Love them through it.  Leave them to learn it.  Watch them become it.

Its about the journey.  God will provide a way, protection, and truth. We have to be open to accept responsibility, to accept truth, and to learn. We have to always pray, pray without ceasing.

We are each made for our own personal journeys through life. We can't follow the map for someone else but learn our own map for life and walk through it. Friendships develop out of honesty, love, and trust. Anytime anyone of those falters, the connection has changed.  The need for that connection has changed. Even the desire for that connection has changed.  Restoration comes from first understanding there has been a change, there was a need for it, and that a new connection has to be established to return again.  This is with all levels of relationships -family, friendships, and love.  To be restored, you have to be renewed. New eyes - scales removed to see the new day. We learn that God knows the inner needs of each of us and provides an opportunity to have a space to be free of worry, free of fear, and to embrace love.  Sometimes that space comes in familiar packages, sometimes its brand new.  

I've learned today there is nothing wrong with love. Nothing. I have no shame. I have no anger.  I am pleased with my spirit. I'm pleased with my love. I'm pleased with what God is doing with my spirit in the mist of a trial. Gratitude pours from my soul.  Thank you for all understanding.  Thank you for a lesson learned. Thank you for paying attention to my life and my concerns. Thank  you for holding true to your promises (Genesis 15:1).  Thank you for simply saying - pray [meaning you want to talk with me]. You want to hear my voice in the heavens. You want a relationship with me. Thank you, God.  I love you and I love those you've put into my life for various seasons.  I pray for my friends who are my family.  I pray for honesty that comes from their souls and speaks to the heavens. I pray for their safety. I pray for their spiritual strength to fight the demons that come their way.  I pray for their freedom.

I embrace me. I'm thankful for my friendships. I'm grateful for the love I have for my friendships.  I'm ok with all things in my life at this moment.  God, I love you and thank you.  To God be the Glory in all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE