Skip to main content

Finding Happiness from within

I woke up feeling good. I woke up thanking God for his Divine love and protection. I had a dream the other night where I was standing in a house surrounded by children. They were children protecting me. They were both inside and outside of the house. Outside of the house was a man standing there staring at me. The children kept him from getting to me. He was EVIL. We stared each other down and no matter how much he tried to get to me, the children wouldn't allow it. He feared the children.

It was creepy but powerful. I understood the dream. God let me know he's got me and with that, peace just over took me. In all of this "alone" time since the death of many family members, I've really had to look from within to find out who I am. I've always had some confidence on some level but nothing like this. God has shone me that He has my back and that He is my provider and most importantly, that He believes in me. That drives me. It makes me HAPPY.

You know when you realize that your happiness can't be based on anyone but yourself. Disappointments may come but Joy is from inside of you. I've found a place in my spirit today that I'm REALLY glad I'm single (and not just single from being in a relationship). I'm glad that I've been somewhat making it through the Valley and back up the Mountain with just me and Syd (with the encouragement of my friends of course). I've had to realize that if I base my happiness on others, its bound to fail at some point.

As I continue to work hard on my professional life, I will definitely take more time to pursue happiness from within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE