Skip to main content

Gratitude

I've truly gotten away from blogging and I truly need to get back to it.  Its important for me to release all of the emotions, feelings, and changes going through my mind, body, and spirit.  Its important that I keep up with my gratitude journal.  I have to keep before me all the wonderful things before me from the simplest thing to the most wonderfully complex, I'm grateful.

With all of the changes before me this year, one of the biggest has been with CWUW.  There has been some changes which at first threw me for a loop.  It made me question if I'm suppose to be doing this. Of course, I was devastated.  I love the concept of CWUW.  I love that God had blessed me with this vision.  I questioned if it was over.  Through some prayer, I realized that God wants me to take this time to restructure and renew CWUW and more importantly, me. 

I met with a consultant who was to help me with board development.  In the midst of our conversation, the tables turned and the focus became me.  What does Rhonda want? Where does Rhonda want to be? Who is Rhonda? What does it mean to Free?  Those questions need to be answered before I can get to CWUW.  I am not CWUW.  I'm more.  With this revelation and even confirmation, I'm grateful.  I needed to hear from God.  I needed some guidance.  I needed to see I have time to create and be whatever I want.  I'm not on a time crunch.

I'm grateful for the moving towards a greater knowledge of self, for change, and for acceptance.


Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE