Skip to main content

Trust: Revelation.....again






Before I even begin, I'm not going to edit but just write. So has my fingers try to catch up with my brain, work with me.

For the past 6 months, I can honestly say that I've some anxieties about well....me. Today it hit me, again, that the Valley is still in me. TRUST is my new battle I have to overcome and resolve.

I think it finally sunk in this weekend with talking with CWUW members about trusting them. On the surface, I thought I was doing a good job with giving up ownership to others and really trying to give them a piece of "my baby". I really thought about it. I don't trust anyone to be in my corner 100% except my daughter. REAL TALK. I don't expect anyone to have my back. I still have a fear that if something happens to me the ONLY person I can call is the Kid and maybe my dad....maybe.

This is so real that tears are falling as I type this but I have to say it so I can see it and feel it.

When I lost my job and then my mother died, I went into survival mode and I haven't come out of it. This is why and race and race and keep going because if I don't, who will? I'm looking into myself and I'm really seeing that Trust is a major issue for me. Its especially major because I really love working with and for God's people. I love the community. I love service. As much as a musician loves to play and write or an artist loves to paint and draw, I love working in the community. So this is troublesome but I think God wants me to face this finally. I'm WEARING this trouble in my weight that I almost refuse to lose. I'm probably scared of having any real relationship. All I know is, my daughter was there. I was there and we moved forward. What we went through was so deep for us that I know she deals with the very same issue. We felt abandoned. So we turned inward and to each other to make it through.

I tell people all the time that I'm strong but not so strong. I still WANT to be vulnerable with one person. I still want to be able to set in front of one person and cry, scream, and just be. Who can I really trust? It is so scary to feel this way. Its not a feeling of loneliness though which is odd. I feel like my journey is my TASK and I just need to take the hit for the team. I need to take the weight of the world and let others reap the benefit. I sound like some wanna be martyr. :/ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I hate that but its real.

I do feel blessed for those in my world who are encouraging. I KNOWWWWW I'm loved. lol

I know it...right? hmmmmmm

Since I'm writing this, I must face it. Its been revealed....again. I know my body has something to do with this TRUST issue. I know that I haven't really done the things I need to to change it because its not for knowing what to do.

There is skin hunger. There is the need for a hug that's not connected to sex...another place were Trust is battling me. Can I trust that a man can see me for more than sex? Its been along time since one has. I'm not the only female going through this. I try to watch what energy/vibes I put out. Doesn't work. Something needs to change with in me I think.

I'm sitting here. I can hear the crickets. My apt is very quiet.

Let me think. Let me think. Let me feel.

Let me be.

I will be fine.

I will Trust!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE