I sincerely move in a philosophy that freedom is mine and that I must be fearless. I will never overcome my past in I'm living currently with fear and bitterness. I must apply my beliefs, my speak, my talk to my own life. Truth to power, truth to movement, and truth to happiness is the way. Its never about perfection but a love of self that is unmoved even when challenged. I give myself permission to be happy.
When I decided that my life will be different and I will be happy, I developed what I call my "freedom plan". I had to have action steps to regain my happiness.
- I'm honest. I was/am honest with myself even if its not in a positive light. We cannot ignore our internal anger, bitterness, strife, etc. which holds us back. We have to be honest about who we are and were we are in our lives at any given time. Don't fear whatever monster you see. You have to know the problem to fix the problem.
- Ego has no place and self-focus is necessary. In sharing our testimonies or our stories of triumph we need to stay humbled. The work isn't over. The Universe celebrates with you and hopes you're in a better position to address other external and internal barriers to happiness. Its about growth. Be humbled. Stay focused.
- I returned to therapy. After a series of emotional and stressful moments came about, I noticed that I could not get a handle on them. Stress began to effect my body. I was sick. I was gaining weight. I've commented myself to therapy for as long as it takes with no shame or secrecy.
- I'm accepting of love. I found myself rejecting love from friends and family. I was doing negative coping. If I rejected the love, I didn't have to worry about anyone disappointing me or leaving me. I rejected any potential romantic relationships. The thought of rejection was unbearable. Now, I've opened myself up to all love, in all forms. I deserve it.
- I pray. I meditate. I believe in something greater than myself. My spiritual health has to be healed and nurtured.