Skip to main content

Wholeness....

I find it very interesting as you meet people how we sometimes make assumptions about their "wholeness" based on their job, their rhetoric, their passion, etc. We all are on a journey for completeness no matter the stage of knowledge, understanding, or wisdom. We can't assume a person has it all together just based on one or two things we're allowed to see.


I find that some think I have it all together and I really laugh. Far from it. I'm still working through many issues. I'm still trying to find wholeness for me. I try my best to be open about my flawed ways so that people understand that its always a journey. We should always look within and make self correction.

I'm more interested in the positive ways a person copes with hardships because I've been very unhealthy with coping and control. I'm looking to establish a new ritual to healing myself emotionally and calming my spirit. I'm seeking those things out from others who seem to have a healthy ritualistic way of coping and rejuvenating their minds and spirits. I believe in mentorship and I seek mentors out knowing in the process I maybe able to impart a piece of my understanding of life as well.

Get people off pedestals but also, get stop putting people into hell too. I watch how we lynch folks for not doing what we think they should be doing not knowing what is being done outside of the public eye. EVERYONE I've every met has a public face. I'm not talking about rappers who are suppose to be generating art which comes from the spirit. Nonetheless, make sure our criticism are based on something that's tangible. We can get off on the wrong issue.

I don't want to wear anyone's shoes. Mine are fine. I want to appreciate everyone's journey for what it is. We all need to seek our own personal wholeness FIRST. We need to stop being so quick to jump on a persons religious journey, political view, or family life when we don't even know the back story. Take a critical view but let it be based on something real and genuine.

Be well. Be WHOLE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE