Skip to main content

Visionaries are insane....or didn't you see that?




I am a visionary. I can see the end from the beginning. I am a little insane, in a good way. Being a visionary doesn't make me special. I'm simply recognizing and accepting my piece of the plan, my responsibility in the big picture. We all have a role to play.

The insanity comes in when you have to be in the future and in the present. You have to keep your eye on both and understand how it all manifests. Its hard when you're surrounded by folks who may understand the vision in theory but can't feel it, taste it, or touch it like you do. Its very organic and real to me. I'm energized by fellow visionaries because we speak the same language. We have ideas on how to fix everything, save the planet, and just make it all better. Its hard to keep us focused. One vision at a time, can be hard from some. There are others that God has provided one vision and even in that, the drive to make it happen can be overwhelming from an outsiders perspective. It can look as if we only live for the vision but its the fire that keeps us lit. Passion and Vision are so closely related but not the same.

I have an expectation that we all have a passion from something but vision is about the desired outcome that's not singular in mission. Its about change on a large scale.

This is an interesting definition of a Visionary Leader:

Visionary leaders are the builders of a new dawn, working with imagination, insight, and boldness. They present a challenge that calls forth the best in people and brings them together around a shared sense of purpose. They work with the power of intentionality and alignment with a higher purpose. Their eyes are on the horizon, not just on the near at hand. They are social innovators and change agents, seeing the big picture and thinking strategically.

http://www.visionarylead.org/articles/vislead.htm

As I come to understand more about me and what makes me tick, I'm learning that being a visionary is just a part of me. I can be very odd, quirky, and very introspective when it comes time to make the vision manifest.

I've embraced the insanity that's rhythmic, purposed, and driven to birth nothing more than life and love.

Vision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE