Skip to main content

You Jerk!




Arrogance diminishes wisdom

-an Arabian proverb


Arrogance -
offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.

Wisdom - knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

Confidence - full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing



Ok, now that I have all the definitions out there, let me get started.

I believe whole-heartedly that people are given talents or "gifts". Everyone. EVERYONE.
Do I need to say it again.....all of us mofos hold within us gifts that serve our purpose here on the planet.

So why are people arrogant? There's a difference in being confident and being arrogant and its funny to watch folks scramble around with the two when you call them out on being an arrogant prick.

"Nah, I'm just confident and people can't handle it."

No, you're an ass.

I think what is even worse is false humility coupled with the bs. To me, it all screams, "low self-esteem".

Now, there's nothing wrong with having a LITTLE cockiness, swagger about yourself but true humility comes from knowing that ALL THINGS come from above. You are NOTHING without the Most High. NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG. So why be arrogant? Why act as if you're better than anyone....everyone's poop stinks. And interesting enough, you're crystal clear. Sometimes we think because folks tolerate our BS that they can't see it. No, we see it but we have some grace for you. We figure you'll figure it out at some point AND we all reap what we sow. If you're putting that sort of vibe out into the world, its coming back to you. You will get smacked in the face.

We can't think that people don't see who we REALLY are.....how arrogant to think people are that dumb or uninsightful. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I do like confident people but I can't stand arrogant ones especially with that fake humility stuff. Its not that deep. As I said, we're all given gifts and talents. Its about HIS plan anyway. Once we give up on trying everything OUR way (arrogance), God opens the right doors and moves in on your behalf (confidence/wisdom). Sometimes we stay stuck because of the person in the mirror. Its not your family, friends, community, Indy, world.....its just YOU. You've misunderstood the plan. You misunderstood how you're to use your talents whatever they maybe. Most importantly, you've forgotten who really is in charge.

Man, Michael Jackson's crazy behind made a good point; start with the man in the mirror.

Arrogance is just simply UGLY.

Arrogance opens the door to being mean-spirited, inconsiderate, and rude. Arrogance TRULY diminishes wisdom. You can't hear from God, you can't see the next step....why...because YOU are in the way. And you looks stupid...

Bottomline....Check yourself. Do you really love yourself? Are you allowing your insecurities to take up too much space? Do you think its ok to be rude and inconsiderate because your time, talent and treasure is more valuable to you? See, be careful. You could be missing so many blessings simply because you're so focused on you. You even become a user. I've seen God strip people of their talents and positions. I've seen him simply just keep blocking blessings because that person was too caught up in what they can do. Too funny.

Be loving. Be honest. Treat people well. You are loved but so am I and the next person and the next.

kill the noise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE