Skip to main content

My love is better than your love.



The interesting thing about being a heterosexual cisgender Christian female who supports Gay Marriage is that I understand the Constitution and how it SUPPOSE to work in this country.  As a Christian, it actually benefits me when religion isn't mixed with law.  I'm allowed to believe what I want and how I want. The moment we ask the gov't to intervene in religious matters, there is a can of worms that's hard to contain.  I understand the intention of the Constitution to allow the individual to pursue (or not) their own religious beliefs. Gay marriage does nothing to heterosexual marriage. NOTHING. You can still get married and divorce at the same rates you have been. 

  As Christians, you can still believe whatever you believe and follow whatever tenants you want.  That's the beauty of the Constitution.  Religious freedom means all have the right to believe in whatever manner you want, and worship whatever deity you'd like. Also, you don't have to believe in anything.  Christian heterosexuals- nothing changed for you on this day in Indiana.  You can move through your life with ease but we don’t get to tell anyone who to love.  That was not the charge of your leader, the Christ.  It’s purposed that we love our neighbors as ourselves.  If you believe that biblically that gay marriage is wrong, it’s ok.  You can continue to believe it but you don’t have the right to impose your religious beliefs on anyone.   

Today, I’m very surprised that the ban on gay marriage has been lifted in Indiana.  As a Christian, I’m very happy for those who get to gain governmental covering allowed for marriages.  I’m grateful for my friends who wanted a public display of their internal feelings.  As a Christian, I know that all I need to do is love.  That’s it.  This is a human rights issue and I’m sure Jesus would be for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE