Skip to main content

Year of Me

I know everyone is doing there "so long" to 2010 blog. Here is mine. What did 2010 bring me? What does reflection reveal? How should I move into 2011 with the knowledge of what I've learned?

I'm actually not really wanting to look back but not because of anything negative. This has been a balanced year, ups and downs, something better known as Life.  I want to do better at looking ahead. I want to embrace possibilities and dreams and visions and be wrapped in the hope that comes.

2011 will bring more living and I want to have a better attitude about how to live better.


I have an interesting task ahead.  For me, its not about how to handle hardships. Its about handling the good times and creating a space for beauty to be birthed and grow around me. I don't need to take on the world and prove I'm strong. I am. Its that simple. I'm assured of the visions for my future PROFESSIONALLY.


What about Rhonda?

2010, I did nothing to create FUN for myself.  Nothing. This is where change will come. I am important, loving, funny, and fun.  Its in me.  The folks around me, still only know Rhonda of CWUW, Rhonda of Damien but not Rhonda with major sarcasm, who loves a good debate, who loves to dance until she's hot and sweaty, who loves music more than air.  2011, I want to feel pretty again.  I want to use my wiles to seduce (giggle). I want to be reminded that I am a sexy, attractive woman without being afraid of saying and showing it.  I can be so caught up in the image of CWUW and Damien that I lose me.  I matter now and in 2011.

My co-worker said 2011 is the Year of Me. How great is that?!  Me.  ME.

I'm going to release the beast in 2011.  As I move into this next year, my goals, my focus are all about ME.  I don't think anyone has seen Rhonda is awhile.  So there's no resolutions about how I will do anything with CWUW to make it greater or better.  I'm not making any promises on how Damien will grow into being this or that.  I'm going to love on ME in 2011.   I'm going to try a little selfishness without harm to others. 

I can say that 2010 was what a year is suppose to be. It was a year of challenges and opportunities, death and birth, surprises and smiles.   I'm sure 2011 will be all of that but with a very vibrate thang once called "Cleva", known as rhonny, and is completely, fully......just Rhonda.


Have a wonderful 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Recovering Misogynist" by Kevin Powell

In the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to have very brief conversations with Kevin Powell. Its very interesting to speak with someone with similar passions for community service. As someone who has been very transparent on her blog, I find this essay by Kevin refreshing. I just happen to see this on Facebook as someone posted it many months ago. Thanks KP. I AM A SEXIST MALE. I take no great pride in saying this, I am merely stating a fact. It is not that I was born this way-rather, I was born into this male-dominated society, and consequently, from the very moment I began forming thoughts, they formed in a decidedly male-centered way. My "education" at home with my mother, at school, on my neighborhood playgrounds, and at church, all placed males in the middle of the universe. My digestion of the 1970s American popular culture in the form of television, film, ads, and music only added to my training, so that by as early as age nine or ten I saw females, includ

If I was your girlfriend

Yeah, another Prince discussion. This man has saved my soul through the years. A follow Prince fan always refers to Prince as the ultimate "pimp". He speaks of how smooooooth Prince is lyrically. I came across the video for "If I Was Your Girlfriend," taken from the Sign of the times film. I started gigglin'. Prince IS a pimp. So clever. Witty. Smooth. Just runnin' game but damn, I'd fall for it. The title alone would get me..... IF I WAS UR GIRLFRIEND - PRINCE